cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CloudGamer
Contributor
Message 1 of 7

Where To Find Planned Availability Of Ultrafast In My Area?

Go to solution

Have been subscriber to Superfast package 2 for nearly three years now and have seen recent drop in speeds with higher ping and higher jitter.  I suspect an old underground fault relating to QoS is contributing to drop in quality of service but BT Customer Care refuse to even acknowledge BT engineers went to great lengths to fix an underground fault in June last year as they have "no record".  I was not asked for texts or emails to prove otherwise.    BT engineers told me if I saw drop in how well internet was working I should contact BT and they will fix but BT refuse to send BT engineer to perform diagnostic for QoS.

Superfast package 1 subscribers have seen massive upgrades being upgraded from 36 Mbps to 50 Mbps in same time period.

Superfast is now sold as "average 67 Mbps" where as I subscribed to a 76 Mbps service and often saw slightly higher than 76 Mbps speeds.   Until recently.

Can see Ultrafast brings guaranteed 100 Mbps and understand this is needed for streaming 4K content with 4K Full HDR needing up to 90 Mbps.

These are some of the reasons why I think Ultrafast is what I need as the Superfast Package 2 has been gimped by BT.

Ultrafast is not yet available in my area and would like to know when is planned rollout of Ultrafast in my area?

https://www.dslchecker.bt.com/

confirms FTTP On Demand is available on my line and is rated for 330 down and 30 up speeds.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Where To Find Planned Availability Of Ultrafast In My Area?

Go to solution
If you’ve already got VDSL Speeds of 50Mbps+ I doubt BDUK would put FTTP in.

You’re more than likely to get G.Fast.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

This is a BTRetail forum and unfortunately nobody here can help you as the rollout of Ultrafast is entirely in the hands of Openreach.

0 Ratings
CloudGamer
Contributor
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

confirms FTTP On Demand is available on my line and is rated for 330 down and 30 up speeds.

Are you sure BT are not holding back on me?    i live in low density population area so aporeciate i was just fortunate that my area was chosen for early roll out of FTTC, but only committed thinking better things would come and i was helping to pay for that by being early adopter of FTTC.

the main reason i want to upgrade is due to drop of connection speeds and quality of internet connection with my current package.       

4K has been around for years but BTTV has one 4K TV channel, this banewidth usage should not affect my broadband package which is used for streaming 4k content over internet.   am relying on internet more and more due to broadcasters not providing 4k content ota forcing us to rely on internet.   same for gaming, i rely on cloud gaming vm located in data centre for all my pc gaming needs and admit my used bandwidth is astronomical because i use 4K TV as display i.e. everything i stream from internet is streamed using 4K stream capture.

ssuperfast packages are sold as HD packages ...

BT can help me more than i am being led to believe, I'm sure of that.

Going back to when I first subscribed to Superfast I used local PC with small 27" HD monitor so my internet connection far exceeded my needs.   

Cloud gaming and BBC TV licencing criteria and other things made me interested in 4K TVs which coincided with cloud gaming evolving on Shield devices.

Last year after finding Liquidsky, Paperspace and Shadow I have never demanded so much from my internet connection.

I appreciate it is Super Fast which has let me enjoy these things but now feel like internet services are evolving faster than what Superfast can be useful for and now see Ultrafast as a necessity, due to lower performing Superfast package.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

@CloudGamer wrote:

FTTP On Demand is a business only product costing thousands of pounds.

0 Ratings
CloudGamer
Contributor
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

So is not an option for me.     Hopefully 5G or FTTP will give higher internet connection speeds in my local area within the next year or two.

All of which makes me a appreciate having access to the benefits of 1Gbps internet connection speeds in cloud gaming vms today, right now even more.  

Screenshot_2019-02-13_23-19-14.png

0 Ratings
CloudGamer
Contributor
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

One answer too "Where To Find Planned Availability Of Ultrafast In My Area?" would be keep tabs on G.fast, FTTP and roll out of Ultrafast at www.ispreview.co.uk and use www.dslchecker.bt.com to confirm that information.

0 Ratings