cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Where do I plug my router

After many problems the PON light on my ONT has changed to solid green. I rang bt today and they said they cant activate it yet. However where do I plug my router into? It says the port socket however ive already got something in that which goes into the wall. Theres connections that the red cable fits into in the living room and bedroom. Ive attached a picture too. 

6C49DD8A-E355-41E6-8B69-029167562F16.jpeg

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Where do I plug my router

The grey lead from the ONT either plugs directly into your router if it is sited adjacent to the ONT or you plug it into the socket that is at the other end of the patch panel that the ONT is currently plugged into.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

The ONT is in the cupboard under the stairs so wouldn't that effect the wifi quality? 

Theres a two holes that it fits into in the living room one turns the light orange and the other turns the light a flashing purple (not activated yet)

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

You can site the router where you like. You need to discover which socket on the patch panel goes to where.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Thank you, theres nothing saying which one it is at my house which i assume is a developer issue. It fits into the one named “alarm” which turns the light orange, the other turns it a flashing purple. Il have a play about with it once its activated

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Hopefully your developer should be able to provide a diagram of what is connected to where.

The socket that gives the orange light is the one connected to the ONT.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

So I plug it in that one? 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Yes

0 Ratings