Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
MedicUK
Contributor
Message 1 of 11

Which infinity to go for

Go to solution

Hello all I have a question about having the max fibre installed.

First I have BT Basic.

When I contact BT I get different answers

One will tell me (when I call) that I can’t keep this line where as online chat says I can.

Plus net that is BT tells me I can keep my BT Basic, I don’t get many benefits but it’s cheaper overall.

When I ask for this in writing or email they say this cant be done? I don’t want to go ahead without proof of the deal and then be on the phone to India.

I should say I'm with o2 (sky) at the moment I think.

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 11

Re: Which infinity to go for

Go to solution

there was a post recently ( can't find it though) which said that you cannot get infinity on BT basic.  try search you may have more luck finding it  http://www.bt.com/includingyou/redesign2012/assets/downloads/BTBasic.pdf

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
infinidim
Expert
Message 3 of 11

Go to solution

@imjolly wrote:

there was a post recently ( can't find it though) which said that you cannot get infinity on BT basic.  try search you may have more luck finding it  http://www.bt.com/includingyou/redesign2012/assets/downloads/BTBasic.pdf

I have pulled out of the document that imjolly posted the relevant section -

Q Can I have broadband with BT Basic?

Yes. We recognise the importance of the internet in today’s world and BT Basic has been designed to allow broadband on the line.

You can take any one of the standard BT Total Broadband only options (BT Basic customers aren’t eligible for the combined Broadband and Calls packages). Choose the package that best meets your needs and your budget. If you do take BT broadband, we’ll add this to the BT Basic line rental of £14.85 every three months.

Please note: BT Total Broadband isn’t available in all areas. Conditions, including a minimum contract period, apply.

Hope this helps.

Infinidim
Megadodo Publications
Ursa Minor Beta

If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side
If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 11

Go to solution

The important point being that BT Total Broadband is not Infinity - it's standard ADSL.

0 Ratings
MedicUK
Contributor
Message 5 of 11

Go to solution
Looks like no fibre then 😞

Thanks all.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Message 6 of 11

Go to solution

@Ectophile wrote:

The important point being that BT Total Broadband is not Infinity - it's standard ADSL.

That's wrong. My BT Total Broadband is Infinity.

--
To say thanks for a helpful answer, please click the white star
0 Ratings
MedicUK
Contributor
Message 7 of 11

Go to solution

Realy so this info is wrong, where do I get infomation I can trust.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Message 8 of 11

Go to solution
Plusnet apparently have already confirmed you can have FTTC with BT Basic, and the document quoted above also confirms it.

What do you want to do?
--
To say thanks for a helpful answer, please click the white star
0 Ratings
noel2013
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 11

Go to solution

@legitimise_sailing wrote:
Plusnet apparently have already confirmed you can have FTTC with BT Basic, and the document quoted above also confirms it.

What do you want to do?

As Infinity comes with a call package it is not allowed with BT Basic

BT Basic is designed to be a basic and cheap package, so only basic broadband options are allowed with it. The main reason for this is it's for people on low income who can't afford the more expensive packages.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 10 of 11

Go to solution

@legitimise_sailing wrote:

@Ectophile wrote:

That's wrong. My BT Total Broadband is Infinity.

The Tariff Guide http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/consumer/assets/downloads/BT_PhoneTariff_Residential.pdf makes a definite distinction between BT Total Broadband and BT Infinity.

The same goes for the Terms and Conditions http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/consumerProducts/dynamicmodules/pagecontentfooter/pageContentF...

Unfortunately, I don't think there is any consistency within BT about what they call things.

0 Ratings