cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DanRaven
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

Who To Blame

Right I'll keep it short. My go live date was last Monday 14/01/2019, however am still waiting. Lights flashing purple. Had 3 engineer visits all telling me that it is a fault with the connection in the cabinet. Have complained numerous times to by and I'll I got was a proxy £10 off my bill. It's not good enough. I'm still paying for the bloody thing and not able to use it. Good job I have unlimited data on my mobile contract or I'd be screwed. Sort it out
0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Who To Blame

if fault at the cabinet then that is openreach who would fix it so did the engineers say why they would not fix it?    were they contractors and not actually openreach engineers?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
DanRaven
Beginner
Message 3 of 7

I've had 2 visit in 5 days from open reach engineers who state that it's something they personally haven't been trained to repair. Something to do with the wires not being connected to the right part and the "fibre card" not working at all.
0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 7

I have asked the forum mods who are only BT employees on the forum to see if they can help get your connection working   they will post here

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
RobbieMac
Message 5 of 7

Hi @DanRaven

Welcome to the Community and thanks for your post!

I'm sorry for the time it's taking to get your broadband service up and running.  I have sent you a private message with instructions on how you can send us over your details and we'll help get you connected.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Starwire2000
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 7

Sounds to me like Telent have connected the VDSL Tie Pairs in the PCP to the wrong Ports in the DSLAM.

Surprising really because they’ve never done that before...... 😒
0 Ratings
DanRaven
Beginner
Message 7 of 7

Yeah the guy said it's only connected on the copper side to the d and e ports and not on the fibre side as well. I don't really understand all the jargon but that's the general gist of it.
0 Ratings