cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Why FTTC always waiting?

Go to solution

Hi 

Till last year I saw I can get Super Fast Fiber 1. Since January 2021 I can see I can get only standard broadband and the Fiber broadband only becomes available every Sunday only for few hours. My downstairs neighbors have fiber broadband.

I am currently VM customer, but the prices are too high so wanted to switch to BT. Why my fiber broadband becomes available to order only every week and for few hours?

Reached out to Openreach but they are not responding. Also why I cannot get Super Fast Fiber 2 and two houses from my place they have Superfast fiber 2 and the green cabinet is also around the corner of my house, like 10 seconds walk

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Why FTTC always waiting?

Go to solution

Its because all the ports in the cabinet are in use. When a customer leaves, a port becomes free but then somebody who is waiting manages to get the free port but you have to be quick.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

If I place an order when the cabinet port is free. Will I get the broadband setup for my property within 2 weeks? Or do I need to wait longer. Also, is there any specific reason I cannot get Super Fast 2 and other houses in my road can? Sorry for the silly questions, as I have never been into openreach ecosystem.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

Enter your address here https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL/AddressHome and post the result. Remove address before posting.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

speed.PNG

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

Keep checking it and as soon as it shows available get you order in. You are waiting for one of 3 things.

a) Someone moves and a port becomes available.

b) Someone changes provider and a port becomes available.

c) Openreach upgrade the cabinet and more ports are added.

It's the luck of the draw.

0 Ratings