Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
rarmitage124
Recognised Expert
Message 1 of 4

Why Is Their No Infinity

My exchange has just activated fibre optic throughout the town I live in, but me and 4/5 other streets cannot access fibre optic. I beleive that most of us are on the same cabinet but I have not yet investigated. My question is how can a street on one side of town get fibre optic when the otherside can't? and how can we get it?

Please Help!

Regards

RArmitage

If my post has been useful, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If I have answered your question correctly please let me know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution' Thanks
0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Why Is Their No Infinity

It all depends on if the cabinet you are connected to has been upgraded to FTTC (Fibre to the Cabinet) Not every cabinet gets connected for various reasons such as not being granted planning permission, not financially viable, no electrical supply nearby etc etc.

If you use this checker it will tell what cabinet you are on and what services it can receive.

http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

0 Ratings
rarmitage124
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 4

The checker says that I am cabinet 5 and it does not say anything about fibre optic, even though a couple of weeks ago it said it was available.

If my post has been useful, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If I have answered your question correctly please let me know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution' Thanks
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

there are numerous posts on the forum just like yours.  this is a decision made by openreach on viability.  they do revisit later and may install a cabinet then - you just have to wait

can you post the results from the dslchecker

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings