Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
B13blues
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 9

Why are openreach

Go to solution

Still using Kelly communications? Every time one of their employees enters our block of flats something goes wrong. This time I'm the unlucky recipient of their shoddy rushed work. Another flat gets connected up and I lose my phone and the router loses connection 2 or 3 times a day. Engineer booked and hopefully here next Thursday, we'll see. Last time it was a wire that had been left hanging so was shorting, wouldn't mind betting it's similar again. Rant over grrr.

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: Why are openreach

Go to solution

Hi @B13blues 

Thanks for your post and welcome back!

Sorry you're having problems with your services.  Who is your service provider?  If your services are with BT Consumer we'll need to report this to Openreach to get this sorted.  Post back and let me know please.

Cheers,

Robbie

Community ModeratorRobbieMac
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
B13blues
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution

It is BT yes there is supposed to be an engineer visiting next Thursday so I don't think we can do much more until then. So frustrating it was me that recommended BT to the new resident and then this happens during his connection.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

@B13blues  I'm pleased to see an engineer visit has been arranged.  I can't apologise enough that you've been disconnected during their install Smiley Sad

Please keep us posted how things from go with the engineer's visit.

Cheers,

Robbie

Community ModeratorRobbieMac
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
B13blues
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution

Ok will do thanks 

0 Ratings
Starwire
Contributor
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution
You think Kelly’s are bad now you should’ve seen them a few years back.

Openreach will continue to use them because as the saying goes, ‘you don’t want to put all your eggs in one basket’.
0 Ratings
B13blues
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution

Well I presume it still pays them even though openreach have to tidy up the mess they leave. Basic mistakes they're making purely through rushing to get to the next job.

0 Ratings
B13blues
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution

Update. All sorted and a couple of days earlier than expected thanks to engineer Gemma at Openreach. Kelly Communications man had got his 2's and 5's mixed up. Thanks all this is now solved.

0 Ratings
B13blues
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution

Sorry just to add she even got me my 80/20 connection back after Kelly Communications had visited my connection was down to 60/20. Really pleased with how this fault has been dealt with. Cheers all.

0 Ratings