cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
max4186
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 33

Why can I not turn off interleaving?

I'm starting to get annoyed at the support services of BT, I called twice and was told by the automated service I'd receive a call back within an hour and haven't received a call in over 4 hours. So now I am here, moaning about how bad BT is and their customization settings.

My router has estimated that I can get a MAX line speed of 67776 kbps but I seem to only be able to achieve 40000 kbps TOPS even though my router says 46333 kbps which is actually what the BT speed test estimater said. I will post all my results below of images from the ADSL Checker, my SNR etc and let me know if you have any advice on how I could change my settings to maximize my speed and minimize my ping.

0 Ratings
32 REPLIES 32
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 33

Re: Why can I not turn off interleaving?

your connection is within estimate can you post a traceroute to bbc.co.uk to see your typical ping
0 Ratings
max4186
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 33

Yeah it never lasted very long, my ping is sky rocketing and my speedtest is about 13mbit down. I usually get around 20 ping tops and a minimum of 35mbit down.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 33

was the speedtest done with a wired or wireless connection
Can you use this speed tester then carry out the further diagnostics part of the test and post back a screen shot of all the results including your IP profile for up and down. This test must be done with a wired connection.

http://speedtest.btwholesale.com/

max4186
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 33

0 Ratings
max4186
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 33

It now appears to be working, enabled INP on router which forced it FastPath and turned it off for about an hour. Booted it back up, sluggish speeds but was increasing to about 20mbit. Now I am at 43mbit (my normal) and 13 less ping than I have ever had due to INP on my ASUS router. It even said I reached 63mbit at one point so this can be closed.

0 Ratings
DannyBhoyyy
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 33

If I recall correctly, Asus router and modem combos don't use Broadcom or ECI chipsets for VDSL, it could be the reason why you are not getting your max data rate speeds.
0 Ratings
max4186
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 33

They do use broadcom, just for testing purposes though I plugged in BT router and had same issue. Fixed now though.
0 Ratings
DannyBhoyyy
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 33

You sure?

From what I can see from the Asus DSL-N66U and DSL-AC68U specifications, they both use mediatek chipsets for VDSL and only use Broadcom for WiFi/Lan.

But if your issue is fixed, I guess it doesn't matter 🙂
0 Ratings
max4186
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 33

Doesn't seem to be fixed really, whenever I download now I get massive ping spikes when I never used too. Tested on BT modem and same issue, I think i'm just having temp issues and hopefully BT will fix it soon.

EDIT: Back to slow speeds and crazy pings, getting sick of this. 

0 Ratings