cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
max4186
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 33

Re: Why can I not turn off interleaving?

Now I am back to good ping and good speed, starting to think it's maybe congestion? How do I go about seeing if it is congestion?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 33

congestion normally show by large speed drops during peak times and normal speed off peak
0 Ratings
gt94sss2
Aspiring Expert
Message 13 of 33

@max4186 wrote:

My router has estimated that I can get a MAX line speed of 67776 kbps but I seem to only be able to achieve 40000 kbps TOPS even though my router says 46333 kbps which is actually what the BT speed test estimater said. I will post all my results below of images from the ADSL Checker, my SNR etc and let me know if you have any advice on how I could change my settings to maximize my speed and minimize my ping.

It will be because of the Asus modem - they are frankly rubbish.

However, your settings are not helping - you should have G.Vector and (especially) G.INP enabled - at the modemt you have them off.

Without G.INP enabled on the modem you have no chance of getting rid of interleaving..

(When you enable it, you will need to wait a few days before any change is noticeable)

Edit: I see you enabled it in a subsequent post which has helped - but as above Asus FTTC modems are not good/approved for use in the UK

0 Ratings
max4186
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 33

Well I mean it usually starts around 7PM and ends at around 11PM so those really are the peak times, I ended up enabling INP quite a while ago and it was fine. Thing is, this ASUS router has been perfectly fine for me for about 2 months now, it's just now it's causing issues. That's why I tried the BT router and even then it was still giving me issues. I'm expecting a call from the complaints people tomorrow so will explain my issue to them and see if they can find out if it's congestion. I am placing my money on it anyways.

0 Ratings
max4186
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 33

Issue is starting to happen again, 9PM on the dot. Either I am being rate limited or it's congestion. Complaint woman never ended up calling so going to call on monday but will just get told that it's fine and it's the router and they will send me another one. Soon as contract is up I'm moving to Sky.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 33

Its congestion, there is no rate limiting.

0 Ratings
TimCurtis
Recognised Expert
Message 17 of 33

@gt94sss2 wrote:

@max4186 wrote:

My router has estimated that I can get a MAX line speed of 67776 kbps but I seem to only be able to achieve 40000 kbps TOPS even though my router says 46333 kbps which is actually what the BT speed test estimater said. I will post all my results below of images from the ADSL Checker, my SNR etc and let me know if you have any advice on how I could change my settings to maximize my speed and minimize my ping.

It will be because of the Asus modem - they are frankly rubbish.

However, your settings are not helping - you should have G.Vector and (especially) G.INP enabled - at the modemt you have them off.

Without G.INP enabled on the modem you have no chance of getting rid of interleaving..

(When you enable it, you will need to wait a few days before any change is noticeable)

Edit: I see you enabled it in a subsequent post which has helped - but as above Asus FTTC modems are not good/approved for use in the UK

Don't know what you base that on at all. Originally had an RT-N66U & now a DSL-AC68U which I've found to be rock solid , with good functionallity & good wifi.

0 Ratings
max4186
Aspiring Contributor
Message 18 of 33

8:53PM and I notice speed decrease, 30 minutes earlier it wasn't doing this. How am I meant to deal with congestion? People on the phone don't even know what it means.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 19 of 33

People on the phone don't know what it is as it's not part of their remit. It is a BTWholesale problem which will be resolved.

Unfortunately it's a waiting game but normally resolved ASAP.

0 Ratings
max4186
Aspiring Contributor
Message 20 of 33

Literally 10 minutes later......

0 Ratings