cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
max4186
Aspiring Contributor
Message 21 of 33

Re: Why can I not turn off interleaving?

Got a call from a foreigner once again, forcing me to wait for the new modem so she can help me "customize" the settings. Litearlly told her I'm not a **bleep**ing **bleep** and I want this reported to Openreach but is forcing me to wait for the modem. Which by the way was meant to arrive yesterday and it's still not here.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 22 of 33

your problem is outside Openreach's control it is a BT Wholesale job and they will be already aware of any congestion issues and working on a fix
max4186
Aspiring Contributor
Message 23 of 33

Still having this issue, hit 9PM and speed dramatically dropped and having stability issues. Complaints woman doesn't know a **bleep**ing thing and just keeps blabbing the same stuff "Are you wired", "have you turned it off and on". How does one go straight to somebody who has a clue?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 24 of 33

See message 22.

Its not a 5 minute job to add extra capacity.

0 Ratings
max4186
Aspiring Contributor
Message 25 of 33

Possible congestion

Hi guys,

I have another thread open that started as one thing and merged into another so wanted to make a new one for 1 topic. Essentially my internet has been going crazy lately, during peak hours my ping gets super high and my download gets super low.

I've been on the phone multiple times to BT customer support, and as we all know they are useless and the complaints woman utterly refuses to escalate it in any way shape or form after i literally told her "ESCALATE IT". I will post the technical details below but if nothing comes from it I'll do one of those all night tests that other people are doing to see when exactly my speed is dropping and when it comes back.

No faults have been detected by BT according to the faults page, and it ended up creating an automatic fault thing after I did the BT Speedtest and it just says "Completed", no information at all and clearly hasn't fixed it so somebody has just closed it and moved on thinking it's fixed itself.

I do plan to move from BT when my contract is up, not because I think moving will automatically fix it, cause the support will actually listen when I ask them to do something cause they clearly aren't qualified to do so.

0 Ratings
max4186
Aspiring Contributor
Message 26 of 33

This has been happening for a month, and I know for a fact that it doesn't take a month to do it either. I have created a new thread specifically for my speed issues.

https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Infinity-Speed-Connection/Possible-congestion/td-p/1669688

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 27 of 33

It can take many months, depending on what needs to be done to increase capacity.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
max4186
Aspiring Contributor
Message 28 of 33

Then I most definitely won't be paying my bill if it takes months, why pay for a service that doesn't even work!
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 29 of 33

Fail to pay a bill and you could face debt collectors. As always, pay your bill and seek recompense once the issue is resolved to your satisfaction
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 30 of 33

@max4186 wrote:

This has been happening for a month, and I know for a fact that it doesn't take a month to do it either. I have created a new thread specifically for my speed issues.

https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Infinity-Speed-Connection/Possible-congestion/td-p/1669688

Please share the info you base your fact on. I'm always willing to be educated.

0 Ratings