cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 12

Why can't I order Fibre?

Hi, hopefully someone can inform me what might be going on here.

Basically at the end of the month I am moving into a new house, the current tenants have fibre broadband as I checked with them however when I go to order Fibre on the BT website it says I can only get standard ADSL broadband as Fibre isnt available to my address. Whats going on here?

Tags (3)
0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

Re: Why can't I order Fibre?

Hi @jammy89   It may help if you post your broadband checker results. Remember to remove your address (public community).

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL/AddressHome

Message 3 of 12

Hi, i've attached the screenshot of the results

2020-08-18 16_00_35-BT Broadband.png

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 12

The caninet you are connected to is full and has no spare ports.

Message 5 of 12

@pippincp 

Is there anything that can be done about this? The ADSL speed for this location is dire.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 12

Can you not ask the current tenants not to cancel the service and you take over the payments unless they have already cancelled.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm sure this has been done before.

___________________________________________________________________________________________
Say thanks by clicking the Thumbs Up icon. Have I resolved your issue? Click "Mark As Accepted Solution"
Message 7 of 12

Keep checking and hope somebody cancels their service. If it says available, order straight away.

Message 8 of 12

@busterboy1wrote:

Can you not ask the current tenants not to cancel the service and you take over the payments unless they have already cancelled.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm sure this has been done before.

That would have been a good idea I suppose but they have already cancelled as they are moving soon

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 12

@licquorice 

Do you know if they will ever expand the service? Seems sort of backward for Openreach to not build enough capacity for the area they are upgrading considering they have targets to connect up the whole UK with fibre?

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 12

Damn.

As @licquorice  states be sure to check daily and wait for a slot, I'm sure others are waiting too so its a game of who gets there first.

___________________________________________________________________________________________
Say thanks by clicking the Thumbs Up icon. Have I resolved your issue? Click "Mark As Accepted Solution"
0 Ratings