cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 21

Why can't we get FTTP? We get 1mbps approx

We live on a 6 year old estate. We saw phase 1 had FTTP and thought ours would. We didn't and can only get around 1mbps. This has started to affect us as soon il be working from home and also out son is growing up and I worry about how much schools rely on Internet now.

20220601_102502.jpg

 we currently have to use our phones as hot spots.

Thanks in advance for any information you can give   

0 Ratings
20 REPLIES 20
Message 2 of 21

Re: Why can't we get FTTP? We get 1mbps approx

only openreach know when your area will be upgraded to FTTP. you just need to keep checking the dslchecker and openreach 

https://www.openreach.com/help-and-support/questions-about-fibre-availability

you are obviously a long way from your exchange - what exchange are you on?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 21

Maybe look at 4/5G router & SIM as an alternative if mobile coverage is good.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 21

That was a screen shot of our exchange info. BT says it has finished the roll out in our area and there is no plans for anything further. 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 21

@CraigP123 Can you please give the exchange name? From the screenshot it states it's a "FTTP Priority Exchange".

You can check if you are included in the current program which goes up to 2026 here: https://www.openreach.com/fibre-broadband/where-when-building-ultrafast-full-fibre-broadband

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 21

It says "EARLSDON is served by Cabinet 42" is that what you mean?

From your link that's where I got they have completed the roll out and the map shows complete by the jey. Then it says not available and no plans to make it available.

This is what I don't understand from what I see our exchange has fibre. The other half of our estate has fibre. 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 21

Is there a team who can give more information. When ever I contact the standard help I get the usual default answers. 

I just want the reason we can't get it but nobody seems to be able to explain why a new build estate only got half finished with FTTP.

It's redicolulous that a new estate in a city can't get  Internet that's even fast enough to stream a YouTube video. 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 21

As @imjolly  has said, only Openreach know why, it has nothing to do with BT. 

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 21

Have you tried asking the developer as they are responsible for getting openreach to install the necessary equipment - nothing to do with BT RETAIL

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 21

@CraigP123  if Openreach have no plans for your area, you could try the Universal Service Obligation route, see www.bt.com/uso