cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Why cant i get G.Fast or anything faster.

So i have a question about G.Fast or Ultrafast or just anything faster than Fibre 2 which is what i have at the minute 80mbps down 20 up. So, when i look on fibre checker, broadband checker, and the usual other host of sites, it says i can only get fibre 2, which i what i have, and have done for about 4+ years i believe. Now it says on broadband availability checker, which honestly i dont fully understand, that 330mbps is available but that FTTP on demand, which i gather is expensive. Now the thing that is bothering me is people/neighbours on my street either side of me left and right and straight across from me are all able to get 250mbps with Fibre 250 which is confirmed on BT compare deals page, and i believe we are all connected to the same cabinet which is located about 75-100 metres away... But when i look for my address it says 80mbps is the max package. Really alli am looking for is some info, i have screenshots of my street and which address's can get 250mbps showing just how close they are, same postcode only a few doors down can get it. I have the BT broadband availability checker page showing what is available. So im a little bit stumped really, and just need help with it, FTTC is all well and good, but when you have a 4K youview box with 4k tv, and 3 PC's and multiple other phones and laptops in the house all being used it gets abit heavy on 80 down 20 up... and sometimes my gaming sessions suffer.... So any help would be great. 

Tags (2)
0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Why cant i get G.Fast or anything faster.

if you are a BT customer enter your phone number and post results otherwise use address

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

If you're not currently a BT Retail customer, the checker won't show everything available. I had a a similar issue when I moved house. Initially it showed I could only get FTTC at 80mbps but the previous tenant was with Sky. Once I'd switched to BT, MyBT showed a whole list of other products. No full fibre but G-Fast is enabled at 200mbps+ 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

So here is my results i screenshotted just now, sorry for the late reply, only just got time to sit and have a look at my emails from the past few days. I am a BT customer, have been for maybe 7 or 8 years now... I have enquired about faster speeds for a couple of years now and all i ever get is that your neighbours must have a dedicated line such as FTTP straight into the home... Which I really don think they do at all. And its just really strange how a few houses around me, literally within 20 metres to my left and 15 metres across the road and 20 metres to my right on a road through my hometown have the ability to have 250Mbps+ and our house doesn't, and I can pretty much see the cabinet we are connected to, I know that makes no difference at all, but I believe its cabinet 8. Anyway, I hope the screenshot comes through for whoever looks at this, and any answers would be greatly appreciated, and one day I hope to have faster speeds. I have been dreaming of 100+ atleast for a few years now... 😁

DanielS_0-1636285998503.png

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

as you can see from the checker results there is no G.fast available to you nor is there any FTTP.  FTTPoD is not the same and due to it's cost is for business purposes 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

So.. final question, how is it possible that neighbours can get 250mbps+ and i can only recieve 80 down...  only 3 doors down from me.. and across the road...

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Yeh, we are with BT. havve been for many years...
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Hi @CHADSGALAXYS2 do you know if your neighbours are also connected to cab 8? It may be the case that your neighbours are on a different cabinet. 

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings