cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

Why cant i get full fiber

Why cant i get full fiber.

Some of my neighbours have had it for 18 months now.  All the roads around me have overhead fiber cables.

On my post code it shows me and a neighbouring property which it is actually available at. But strangest thing is that property doesn't actually exist! So perhaps they can give me that fiber to the home instead. Have tried to find out from BT and Open Reach but no answer or explanation exactly what this imaginary house is that can get full fiber to the house is.

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: Why cant i get full fiber

try phoning the BT FTTP team on 08005874787 and see what they say about availability

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

Hi. Have done that to BT and Open Reach and they can't explain why on my Post Code there are two house's listed one of which doesn't actually exist. They both say well it's showing as having full fiber and must be there. Also BT says it just isn't available to me. Fiber optic cables run down the road 100 meters from me and come with the overhead copper straight to my home. But?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

are you a BT broadband customer?  if so enter phone number  https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

Hi.

Yes I am a BT customer.

I have tried on line and discussed by phone my options, and the best I can get is what I have at the moment fiber to the cabinet, 30mb. Because it's patchy drops out usually a couple of times a day and I am shielding and working at home (CAD CAM) I would like to upgrade to fiber to the home to get 150mb. There is only one house on my Post Code, except BT thinks there is one other which if I select it can get up to 300mb. This property doesn't exist. The nearest house to me is 1/2 mile away and they are getting fiber to the home next week!.

They installed overhead fiber cables in this area over a year ago along with the small post mounted (18 connection) boxes at the same time. If I had moved to Zen at the time I could have got 300m. But not now only the house that does not exist can get it!

I know a few people in our village who have it, and would like it myself.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

So no one can tell me then why this issue cannot be solved, and the imaginary house will stay invisible

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

Does this ficticious house also exist in Royal Mail's postcode database? If so you would need to have it removed from there first.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

Hi. No the house doesn't exist on the Royal Mail Post Code lists and never has. It is also not on Google or any map including ordnance survey map. Our house is and should be the only thing actually listed on our post code, which is probably confusing my issue with trying to get fiber to the home

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

Ring the FTTP team again and ask then to raise an ORDI with Openreach. This will update their database and takes about 10 days.

0 Ratings