Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Why do I need to buy a new Smart Hub?

Go to solution

Hello! I currently have BT Infinity 2, and purchased a Smart Hub earlier this year to try and improve my wifi coverage (it sort of worked). Tomorrow I'm getting Ultrafast Plus installed, and was sent a new Smart Hub (presumably paid for by the activation fee), which I paid £9.99 postage for. I suggested at the time that I didn't need one, but was told they are different to the existing Smart Hubs. As far as I can tell they're identical, and I feel a little bit fiddled.

If I didnt' really need a new a Smart Hub, what exactly does teh engineer need to do in my house? Surely the work is at the cabinet down the road?

Anyone want to buy a Smart Hub?!

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Why do I need to buy a new Smart Hub?

Go to solution

you need the new hub for its Gfast technology which your old one lacks

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Thanks for the quick response - appreciated. Makes sense of course (they just looked identical!).

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

According to message 10 on this thread the Ultrafast hub should look a little different regarding the ports available 
https://community.bt.com/t5/ADSL-Copper-broadband/Ultrafast-smarthub/td-p/1837387