cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 10

Why does BT tell me I can get Superfast Fibre when I don't get anything like those speeds?

Why does BT tell me I can get Superfast Fibre when the maximum download speed is about 25 Mbps and upload less than 3? (today upload is 0.8). 

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: Why does BT tell me I can get Superfast Fibre when I don't get anything like those speeds?

@mikeo999 wrote:

Why does BT tell me I can get Superfast Fibre when the maximum download speed is about 25 Mbps and upload less than 3? (today upload is 0.8). 

Enter your phone number into this form and display the results here, but edit out your phone number before you post the results.

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 10

Re: Why does BT tell me I can get Superfast Fibre when I don't get anything like those speeds?

mikeo999_1-1611304589062.png

Here you go! I have a feeling it's because I'm too far from the cabinet.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 10

@mikeo999 wrote:

Here you go! I have a feeling it's because I'm too far from the cabinet.

You would be correct in that assumption.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 10

Although it would help if they were more upfront when predicting the speed. If I go online and input my phone number and address, they offer me Fibre 2.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 10

@mikeo999 wrote:
Although it would help if they were more upfront when predicting the speed. If I go online and input my phone number and address, they offer me Fibre 2.

As you can see, that would not be possible on your line.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 10

I do see, but my point is that is not what they advertise.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 10

I have some sympathy as they always advertise 'up to' but the info on what you are likely to get is there when you order as I remember ?

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 10

Fibre 2 isn't just extra speed it also has more virus protect licenses & cloud storage as well hence why it's still offered when you can't get the higher speeds

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 10

If that's the reason, they should change the name.

0 Ratings