cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Message 31 of 45

Re: Why does my Line Speed Drop?

Go to solution
Looks like a BT Wholesale RAS/software issue causing the IP profile not to be set correctly
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Guru
Message 32 of 45

Go to solution

The reason the line is strangled is because it's running a high margin on both paths, with associated INP.

If you look at the stats it's doing 13 and 14db margins ... a tad away from orange banding. Something (impulse noise) or the user has caused that to happen since line connection conception, maybe restarts or even noise on the line, either way the margins are high.

0 Ratings
Message 33 of 45

Go to solution

Hi @abathingape,

We'll take a look into it all for you. You can reach us by clicking on my user name and then on contact the mods. Fill that form in and we'll get back to you within a few working days.

I want to thank everyone that has posted on this thread offering help. It's great to see the Community out in force supporting each other.

Thanks

DanielS

Community ModeratorDannyS
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 34 of 45

Go to solution
Roger - that doesn't explain why the IP profile is down at 22meg with a sync of 50meg.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Guru
Message 35 of 45

Go to solution

@Webby wrote:
Roger - that doesn't explain why the IP profile is down at 22meg with a sync of 50meg.
There's a distinct possibility the connection crossed the 15db margin threshold and entered orange banding ... if so, it's effectively banded regardless of its sync rate, even if the margin has now fallen below that threshold.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 36 of 45

Go to solution
Got any documentation which explains that? Never seen it on a circuit before
0 Ratings
Guru
Message 37 of 45

Go to solution

Really? ... you surprise me. Thought you to be a knowledgable chap. 😉

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 38 of 45

Go to solution
Was a genuine question 🙂

I've never saw a circuit artificially with a sync rate double of said limit.
0 Ratings
abathingape
Contributor
Message 39 of 45

Go to solution

thanks @DanielS - message sent via 'contact the mods'.

Hope this can be resolved ASAP.

0 Ratings
abathingape
Contributor
Message 40 of 45

Go to solution

Just an update.  No reply from the mods yet but since my last restart, there have been no resyncs.

Connection is still:

Sync 50142 / 9997 kbps

Attainable Rate is 49336 / 17002 kbps

Profile is still 23mbps though 😞

0 Ratings