cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 13

Re: Why don't other providers have full fibre?

I feel that as I ordered and paid for my line/service from BT they are my contact to resolve this. I fully expect them to try and weasel out of any responsibility but given the only response you get from Openreach is "contact your ISP" I'm favouring leaning on BT and then escalating it via whatever complaints resolution process they have. 

Anyway, thanks all for the helpful and insightful responses.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 13

You are going to have a strange conversation, presumably something along the lines of , them , ‘ Hello BT’, you say, ‘I want to move to ‘Vodafone/Sky/Shell’, BT say ‘Sorry to hear that, bye then’, you say ‘They say they don’t serve my address’ , BT say ‘how is that our problem ?’, you say ‘I insist you sort this out’, they say ‘ You need to take it up with the company you want to use, Goodbye’.
FWIW, most of the providers you have quoted don’t chose to offer service over Openreach FTTP, that’s not BT blocking them, that’s just their own commercial decision , and as already said, VF are a complicated choice because they have their own FTTP network in certain areas.
The only way your inability to move provider would be if your address was incorrect on OR database compared to what’s on the Royal Mail/Post Office, in which case your OR address would need to be amended to match the RM/PO record, is there any reason to think your address is wrong on OR ?

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 13

Have you tried contacting the options team  to see what they offer to upgrade to FTTP   0800800030 or you can try FTTP TEAM 08005874787

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.