cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Why has BT rejected on five occasions an order from Sky Broadband to transfer my line and service.

After feeling overcharged by BT for many years for fibre broadband and phone line, but reluctant to chop and change, I recently decided against my normal inclinations to accept an offer from Sky to take over my broadband service, which would have seen the charge reduce from BT's outrageous £67 per month (average) to about £25 per month, all in. 

However, having been a loyal and long standing BT customer, and NOT currently under contract, they have nonetheless refused five requests (transfer orders) from Sky for the change over. The requests just "bounce" back to Sky with no reason given.  Initially it seemed to be down to a miss-match with my address between BT and Openreach, now a separate company. This stemmed from changing our postcode and house name ten years ago, which I had asked BT to note in the past, but was never done. 

This HAS now been done, so I am assured by BT, but the problem persists.  On the last occasion, a BT representative for the connections team guaranteed that all would be OK. But it has bounced again.

Is there a technical issue? I would love to know but the information from BT is just inadequate.  I feel like I am in hock to The Mafia.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Why has BT rejected on five occasions an order from Sky Broadband to transfer my line and servic

This is something you will have to take up with SKY. BT cannot refuse to allow you to transfer to another ISP. Have you had a sorry to hear you're leaving email?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Re: Why has BT rejected on five occasions an order from Sky Broadband to transfer my line and servic

No, not a squeak from BT by email, but the customer service people have all tried to talk me out of making the change, and offering deals.  I wouldn't mind but I don't want to be forced to stay with BT.  I should be allowed my right to change provider.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

You are allowed to leave any provider.

It is not the first time there have been problems between SKY and BT but normally it is with SKY subscribers transferring to BT.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Oh, right then. I hope I am not making a mistake.  I have never been a fan of Sky as the TV always seems to insult your intelligence and the adverts are insidious. But when I rang recently to complain about the price, the customer services people were helpful and saved me a stack of money.  They said I should have called sooner as they expect to be haggled with.  Typically, I had left the subscription ticking over for years without complaint and it had crept right up. But, having sorted out the TV package, they offered me a very good deal on the broadband, with a bit of customer loyalty discount (or so they claimed) and I was happy to try a different provider for once.

0 Ratings