cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pippincp
Sage
Message 11 of 15

Re: Why is 52 Mb download speed now over 25% slower than my contract's guaranteed minimum of 27M

Both I and @imjolly have told you where to go (once you've accessed the hub) to get the connection stats from.

0 Ratings
MYH
Contributor
Message 12 of 15

Re: Why is 52 Mb download speed now over 25% slower than my contract's guaranteed minimum of 27M

I beg to disagree @pippincp because, although both of you told me which statistics to provide, neither of you told me where or how to access the hub.

So I have just found this information on another thread in the Community forum.

Anyway, it is now irrelevant because I have had an email from BT, in response to my online complaint, in which they have admitted that the current speed being delivered to my BT hub is 21.8 Mbps, which is below the speed they would expect. I missed their telephone call this morning, but they will be phoning again tomorrow morning.

In the meantime I have replied and advised the sender that I have already carried out some of the checks they mentioned in the email, and I will see what transpires tomorrow.

0 Ratings
pippincp
Sage
Message 13 of 15

@pippincp wrote:

The only speedtest result BT will consider is THIS one. It must be performed with a wired connection.

Can you post your connection stats.

HH6 Advanced settings/technical log.

HH5 Troubleshooting/helpdesk.

Do a quiet line test 17070 option 2 best with corded phone. Any noise report a line fault on 151.

@MYH With respect the above tells you where to get the stats from for both the HH5 & HH6. You did not mention you didn't know how to access the hub, the user name and password are on the pullout tab on both hubs.

0 Ratings
MYH
Contributor
Message 14 of 15

@pippincpWith respect I knew the name and password and so they were not a problem, but I did not know the weblink to access the hub.

I had never had cause to access the hub previously, but I found two weblinks on this thread:

https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Fibre-broadband/Accessing-Home-Hub-5-Stats/td-p/1779469

Then it was easy to access the stats once I knew how to access the hub!

0 Ratings
pippincp
Sage
Message 15 of 15

Would you like to post the stats here now you have accessed them?

0 Ratings