cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Why is BT Broadband so slow in my area?

We currently play for super fast fibre broadband from BT, but the maximum speed in the area is listed at 28mb and I was wondering why this is. 28mb is not really worth the money paid for the package. It confuses me as I know other customers local to me have speeds of 74mb, Virgin Media in the area is at least 108mb and I'm finding it disappointing and frustrating. There has to be an explanation.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Why is BT Broadband so slow in my area?

Enter your phone number and post results remember delete number 

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

Your fibre speed depends on your distance from the street cabinet

original.png

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

The downstream line rate high is 29.7mbps. So I'm assuming I'm just too far from the cabinet for decent broadband from BT - I may as well downgrade my package or move to another provider.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

You can see from the graph based on your speed how far you are from your street cabinet and will be the same regardless of ISP apart from virgin

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings