Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nahoya
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Why is infinity 2 slower than expected

Hi

I've just increased my package from infinity to infinity 2 with speed expected around 60 Mbpm but the speed is much lower and it shows  as if \i'm still on the infinity 1 package with the speed not more than 38Mbpm. I wonder if you can help. It's really annoying paying for something and not getting what you are paying for.

I'm posting the statistics of each settings for reference. I tried resetting my HH5 several times but this did not solve it.

Thanks

Noha

Speed issues.jpgWholesale speed test.jpg

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 4

Re: Why is infinity 2 slower than expected

When you change from Infinity 1 to Infinity 2, all that changes is the maximum speed cap from 40/10 to 80/20. Your line appears to be running as fast as it can.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
If you found this post helpful, please click on the star on the left
If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings
Highlighted
het_uk
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 4

Your connection is probably operating within the parameters of FTTC Range B.  This is acceptable but may indicate wiring issues either inside or outside your home.

0 Ratings
dfenceman
Expert
Message 4 of 4

@Nahoya wrote:

Hi

I've just increased my package from infinity to infinity 2 with speed expected around 60 Mbpm but the speed is much lower and it shows  as if \i'm still on the infinity 1 package with the speed not more than 38Mbpm. I wonder if you can help. It's really annoying paying for something and not getting what you are paying for.

I'm posting the statistics of each settings for reference. I tried resetting my HH5 several times but this did not solve it.

Thanks

Noha

Wholesale speed test.jpg

Can you post the result of the further diagnostics from the speed test please ?

Best regards,
dfenceman
0 Ratings