cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Caerphilly
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Why is my Infinity 2 speed is getting slower and slower each month!!

I phoned and spoke with a BT tech last night and he told me he was doing something to change my speed. I was told to turn my hub and PC off and then turn the hub back on and then the PC...what is this suppose to do as it was not explained?

The tech told me that becuase it is more likely that more people in my street will have BT Infinity 2 and this is why my speed might not be so fast. As before I was one of the few in my street.

I think that is very bad because we are each paying our own bills to BT so I should still get the same speeds, NOT have some of my connection shared!!!

I have also noticed that some early morning between 1am-3am my internet connection is unavailable. Why is this?

Also in 2012 I upgraded from Infinity 1 to Infinity 2 and told I would get a homehub 3. 2 years later in August 2014 and it has still not arrived. Why is this? 

I have been with BT for a couple of years. Back in 2011-2012 I was getting faster speeds on infinity 1. see image below:

Speedtest taken: 1.6.2012

Download 40.93 (capped at 43.55):

Upload 6.56 (capped at 20):

Now see Todays speed test on infinity 2. see image below:

Does anyone have some tech phone number you can recommend for me as I really need to find out why my line has got so slow and who can awser all my above questions.

TY

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Why is my Infinity 2 speed is getting slower and slower each month!!

Can you please run the BT speedtest further diagnostic test this test appears after the first test completes and post back the results

http://speedtest.btwholesale.com/

the only phone number is the broadband help line 08001114567
Caerphilly
Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Hi John46,

I just run the further diagnostic test and as we can see, my line has been capped to:

Download: 28.05 Mbps Max Achievable Speed

Untitled.png

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

Hi

The most likely reason your speed has dropped is because of a noise /crosstalk issue this has caused the DLM to reduce your IP profile to stabilise the line all you need to do is leave the connection alone for up to 2 weeks and once the DLM see the line as stable again it should start to rise again

This link explains in more detail http://community.plus.net/library/browsing/fttc-dlm-what-it-is-how-it-works/