cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 5 of 14

Why is my internet capped?

Why is my internet capped. I was told by Openreach I should be betting 30mbps and I’m getting below 15mbps. I can’t even pass 15mbps and the max it goes to is 14.9mbps sometimes. I have a picture. 

5948E58F-07EE-4AF6-B853-F2A108537651.jpeg

0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
Message 1 of 14

Why is my internet capped?

Hi, I reported to Openreach that I had slow internet the other day and they came back and said I should be getting at least 25mbps - 35mbps. I’m a bit confused how I’m very low under that and only getting 15mbps. It seems like my internet is CAPPED because it can’t even go past 15mbps. Why is it capped? 

0 Ratings
Message 2 of 14

Re: Why is my internet capped?

@GuyHomer277 

You will never get those sorts of speeds on an ADSL connection. Are you sure you are not on a superfast "fibre" connection?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 14

in order for the forum members to help please can you post the stats from your router (if hub enter 192.168.1.254 in your browser) and if  HH5 then go to troubleshooting then helpdesk and if HH6/SH2 then advanced settings then technical log information . 

Have you tried the quiet line test? - dial 17070 option 2 - should hear nothing - best done with a corded phone. if cordless phone you may hear a 'dull hum' which is normal

enter your phone number and post results  remember to delete number   https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

Someone may then be able to offer help/assistance/suggestions to your problem

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 14

I’m not sure. I was told that I should get those speeds. 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 14

if you can post the information I requested then you can see if forum members can help you

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 14

Can you post the hub connection stats from Advanced settings/technical log/information.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 14

Would you like my data rate and maximum data rate? 

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 14

Would you like my data rate and my maximum data rate? 

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 14

@GuyHomer277 

just post the stats i requested

0 Ratings