cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
imaner76
Beginner
Message 1 of 15

Why is "SUPERFAST FIBRE 2 UNLIMITED" 67MB always capped at various lower speeds for me?

Why is "SUPERFAST FIBRE 2 UNLIMITED" 67MB always capped at various lower speeds for me? 

I have had many differing speeds for set periods of time. 32MB that dropped to 24MB, I said I'd like to move and got 38MB. but that swaps to 36MB for days at a time. All while still paying for the 67MB.

Now it's capped at 3.5MB. 

Why are the caps applied and what qaulifies me for a higher cap on speed? Is there an option to reduce my plan to pay for what I'm actually getting? 

0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 15

Re: Why is "SUPERFAST FIBRE 2 UNLIMITED" 67MB always capped at various lower speeds for me

enter your phone number and post results  remember dlete number but leave exchange and cab  https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html

the main of lower speed is your distnace from your street cabinet and then the quality of your line

post stats from your router

check your line for noise  dial 17070 option 2  should be silent and best with corded phone

are you using test socket with a filter

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 15

Re: Why is "SUPERFAST FIBRE 2 UNLIMITED" 67MB always capped at various lower speeds for me

The 67Mb is an average over every customer, not your individual speed. Your speed is not capped (except to 80Mb) but will only be as fast as your individual line will support. If there is a fault on your line it will reduce your speed.

0 Ratings
imaner76
Beginner
Message 4 of 15

VDSL.pngThe results

0 Ratings
imaner76
Beginner
Message 5 of 15

Yes I know that's an average, but the sales team that moved my wife to the higher option will have access to what speeds the line may potentially reach. I've looked at the options and a deal half the price with a 50MB average would have covered the line speed if that is only able to achieve 36MB?
0 Ratings
imaner76
Beginner
Message 6 of 15

1. Best Effort Test:  -provides background information.

Download Speed
 1.77 Mbps

0 Mbps1.82 Mbps
Max Achievable Speed

Download speedachieved during the test was - 1.77 Mbps
 For your connection, the acceptable range of speedsis 1.27 Mbps-1.82 Mbps .
 Additional Information:
 IP Profile for your line is - 1.82 Mbps

2. Upstream Test:  -provides background information.

Upload Speed
 3.62 Mbps

0 Mbps20 Mbps
Max Achievable Speed

Upload speed achieved during the test was - 3.62Mbps
 Additional Information:
 Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 20 Mbps
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 15

Can you post your router stats please?

There's really not a lot of point in paying for Superfast 2 as your highest projected speed is only a fraction higher than Superfast 1 in any casee.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 15

From your profile your speed is very low check line for noise assuming you get a dial tone
Can you also connect to test socket with a filter and post the router stats

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
imaner76
Beginner
Message 9 of 15

I agree, hence my annoyance with the BT sales staff. I'm a field marketing manager, I know a little about targets. I'd be interested in the check tools they have on hand before selling a product.

Forgive my ignorance but do you have a pathway to get the router stats?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 15

If the hub 6, then Advanced settings > Technical log > Information

Was the speed test done with a wired or wireless connection?

0 Ratings