cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
imaner76
Beginner
Message 11 of 15

Re: Why is "SUPERFAST FIBRE 2 UNLIMITED" 67MB always capped at various lower speeds for me

wired, and it's a BT Home Hub 3.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 15

Re: Why is "SUPERFAST FIBRE 2 UNLIMITED" 67MB always capped at various lower speeds for me

Ah, in which case your stats are locked in the Openreach modem and inaccessible. Without seeing the line stats its not possible to tell if your problem is with your sync speed (which would indicate a line problem) or your download speed which would indicate a congestion problem if your sync speed is good.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 15

@licquorice

the btspeedtest results posted show a profile of 1.82mb so there is definately a problem with connection speed

did you check for dial tone?  if you get tone then try quiet line test check for line noise

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
imaner76
Beginner
Message 14 of 15

I've finally got on top of this and the results are this. The line can only handle about 36MBPS. Ths information has not changed in years. So BT did miss sell a package to my wife, we have been paying £60 for a £30 service per month, for years. 

The only supported service I can see from this line is "SUPERFAST FIBRE ESSENTIAL".

So how do I get my money back and moved to the correct and only service avbailbe to me? 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 15

Have you now connected to test socket with a filter to see if that improves your speed? Have you checked line noise?
If speed improves and as using hh3 can you run btspeedtester diagnostic test and post results

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings