cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 23

Re: Why other providers not allowed in my area?

Go to solution

As I said I don’t know why BT had exclusivity on these sites but they did. Not come across it since so I can only assume it was possibly a trial they ran.

Not willing to give the location of the two developments because as I mentioned before it would potentially give away who I am and or narrow it down to a very small pool of people.

0 Ratings
Message 22 of 23

Go to solution

It still didn't (and can't) happen, no matter how many times you repeat it.

Literally on 1 of the Ofcom about us pages...

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/about-ofcom/latest/media/media-releases/2016/making-digital-communications-...

"An Openreach that works for everyone
Openreach is the part of BT Group that develops and maintains the UK’s main telecoms network used by telephone and broadband providers such as Sky, TalkTalk, Vodafone and BT Consumer. Openreach has obligations to offer the same products to all customers on the same terms.

Ofcom introduced this structure in 2005, and it has delivered benefits such as stronger competition. However, BT retains influence over significant Openreach decisions. BT has an incentive to make these decisions in the interests of its own retail businesses, rather than BT’s competitors, which can lead to competition problems."

It's actually a ridiculous suggestion that OpenReach could given anyone exclusivity.

Not just anyone, but BT of all companies.

They aren't even an OpenReach customer... you keep overlooking that part.

Just because you weren't aware other providers were available on a site doesn't mean they weren't actually available.

Anywhere BT is available then other BT Wholesale ISP's are available, period.

0 Ratings
Message 23 of 23

Go to solution

Just because you don’t want to believe it doesn’t make it any less true.

Anyway, the two sites in question were built some time ago now

0 Ratings