cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
patty2k8
Message 1 of 9

Why wont they listen

Go to solution
Hi, I've had connection issues for months, I've reported faults numerous times, I've had numerous engineer appointments ( only 1 of which was a visit to my house, the others were field engineers) and I've been on the phone I don't know how many times, my question is...... how do I talk to someone who understands the phrase "it only happens when it's windy"????? Every time I call I get the call centre obviously, this is getting me nowhere as I'm just going in circles with them, I get told I have a field engineer booked and nothing gets fixed, any help is appreciated, thanks
0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 9

Re: Why wont they listen

Go to solution

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution

Hi @patty2k8 and welcome.

I'm sorry you're having so many problems geting this sorted. Are you reporting broadband faults or line faults? Is there any noise on the line?

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
patty2k8
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution
Hi, I'm reporting broadband faults, my phone line works but is very crackly "when it's windy", I think I see what you're going to say here and it's never crossed my mind to report a line fault because i don't usually have a phone in my house, the sole purpose i got one was to see if i had a bad line, I appreciate the responses too.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution

That would be the reason, it needs to be reported as a noisy phone, not broadband, otherwise it ends up in the wrong fault queue, and may never get fixed. There ar more Openrach staff who can deal with phone faults, but not as many trained on broadband. Phone field staff are usually better at finding faulty joints.

You may find this post of interest, if you do not use a phone.

https://community.bt.com/t5/ADSL-Copper-Broadband-Speed/No-Internet-and-horrible-bt-customer-service...

0 Ratings
patty2k8
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution
Makes sense now you say that, think I'll keep my phone plugged in then, I'll get the line reported then I think, can't thank you enough for your help, I see where I've been going wrong now, thank you
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution

Its a recurring issue now, as people only use mobiles. They forget that their broadband needs a good phone line to work Smiley Wink

Even picking up the phone occasionally, or better still, ringing it from a mobile, leaving it about 20 seconds before they pick up the phone.

The high voltage ringing current is very good at breaking down any slight bit of oxidisation which always build up over time.

0 Ratings
patty2k8
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution
That will be one of my things to regularly do from now on I think, anyway, I've reported a LINE FAULT and an engineer is coming tomorrow, again, thank you so much
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution

Great to see you're going in the right direction now @patty2k8. Please post back after the visit and let us know how you get on.

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings