cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Why

Can somebody explain why when I requested an upgrade of my Fiber 100 to Fiber 300, (which was successfully carried out), does an engineer have to be sent out to tell me that I should have an aerial plug connected into my BT Youview box? I never use the aerial to receive any programmes through the youview box, preferring to take everything via the satellite. I never requested an engineer to be sent out in the first insatnce, or did I ask for comment about my youview box. Is this standard practice? 

Does the engineer have to even visit my premises at all to make the change from Fiber 100 to Fiber 300 or is that not done locally at the exchange or nearest cabinet?

Thanks for any enlightenment here

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Why

Hi, @newry37 Welcome to the community and thanks for posting, an upgrade from Fibre 100 to 300 is normally done remotely if all the Openreach equipment has been previously installed. Do you have Halo 3 as part of your broadband plan and was it an Openreach or Qube engineer who visited you?

If you have Halo 3 there is an option to have a Home Tech expert visit to set up the connection and make sure all your BT services and tech equipment are set up correctly, these visits are included as part of the Halo 3 plan.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Why

Hi thanks for your Reply. I'm just curious why when i ordered the upgrade from Fiber100 to Fiber300 that BT felt it necessary to send anyone at all. I got a confirmation email shortly after the upgrade to inform me that an engineer would arrive at my premises today (Monday). I presumed, to do some work on the box outside my house ie., test/check or whatever. However, no, the engineer simply announced himself at the door, check the BT Youview and announced proudly that my aerial plug need to be connected into my youview box. A total waste of an engineers time If you ask me. I have the Halo 3 but surely if I have all of the equipment set up from the initial visit by the BT engineer when I got upgraded to Fiber to the Home five months ago I cannot understand why a visit is even necessary.

A mystery that will probaly remain unsolvable

0 Ratings