cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gutiarse
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

Will BT return to my area to install Fiber now that Section 58 has been lifted on connecting road?

Three years ago BT Infinity was being rolled out in my area, it was pretty extensive overall and lots of houses were connected, cabinets changed etc. Unfortunately for me this was at the same time as a road resurfacing for the main road connecting my part of the estate with the main Fiber roll out area, this meant that the road has a Section 58 applied to it, meaning it cannon be dug up for three years, this ruling runs out at the end of this month (Sept 2013).

Given that BT could in effect now return to the area and perform the works, is it possible that they would do so or will we just be brushed off and left without a fiber connection?

Our exchange has been setup on the new services for ages (MYCAS) and serves our area (Leeds Castleford) for the postcode I'm located at (WF10 2AS) and the surround areas.

The road with the Section 58 is Park Lane, Allerton Bywater, our street is Park Avenue. Both roads that connect on each end of Park Lane have fiber, these are Barnsdale Road and Leeds Road, so too does the nearest parallel road Station Road.

Any information people can provide on who we could contact would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Sage
Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Will BT return to my area to install Fiber now that Section 58 has been lifted on connecting roa

It is possible your area could be re-visited. Only Openreach will be able to tell you.

nga.enquiries@openreach.co.uk

Highlighted
Gutiarse
Beginner
Message 3 of 3

Re: Will BT return to my area to install Fiber now that Section 58 has been lifted on connecting roa

Thank you for your reply, I've contacted them and will update this thread when I have a reply.

0 Ratings