cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lor4
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 8

Will Broadband fibre solve my issue

I have BT broadband running between 0- 6mbp download and intermittently cuts out. Had 3 engineers and havent resolved. Would switching to fibre help solve this problem
0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: Will Broadband fibre solve my issue

Enter your phone number and post results. Remember delete number https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Lor4
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 8

I've done screenshot but how do i attach it here.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 8

When you click to reply then click on photos and add from there

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Lor4
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 8

Screenshot_20180529-212538.jpg

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 8

as you can see the estimate for your line is 37/25mb down and 7/5mb up speed  as the copper is only from cabinet to your home then that is reducing the probably of line problems

0 Ratings
Lor4
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 8

Apologies but I'm no expert here. Can you repeat that in a less technical way.. Would fibre help or not? Or should I be looking at a different provider... thanks
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 8

if you look at the checker results it shows you should get a down connection speed somewhere between 37 and 25mb and an up connection speed of between 7 and 5mb  so compared to your current speed on adsl it should make a big difference and also reduce the probability of line problems as you will have a fibre conenction to the street cabinet and your existing copper from cabinet to your home  that is far better than copper all the way back to the exchange

your connectio would be the same whichever ISP you select apart from virgin as they all use the openreach network