Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
saintmatt
Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Will My Infinity Speed Increase?

Hi All,

I'll try to keep this story brief.

A few weeks ago I had a new floor layed in the living room. I requested that the phone line extensions (one coming from the front filtered faceplate for the phone, and one coming from the A/B terminals on the Openreach faceplate for my Home Hub 5 in the airing cupboard) be placed in the gap between the floor and the wall. Last week, I started getting regular drop outs on my infinty (approx. every 10 mins), and then yesterday the phone line completely went down. Anyway, I traced the problem to the extension cables being stretched (and eventually snapping) by being trapped around the side of the new floor, so I've now fitted a new, higher quality cable and not had any dropouts since.

But because of these regular disconnections over the last week, I've seen my speed gradually reduce from 77000 (ish)to 42000 (as seen on the Troubleshooting page on the HH5). 

My question is, now that I've fixed the problem, will my speed pick up again. And if so, how long will this take to get back to the dizzy heights of 77000kbps? Or will it require some sort of line reset by BT?

Thanks
Matt

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 5

Re: Will My Infinity Speed Increase?

It should happen automatically over the next 2 weeks but if you post your line stats from the HH5, I may be able to comment further.

As you know, these are in Troubleshooting/Helpdesk on the web interface at http://192.168.1.254

Lines 1-13 will be enough

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
If you found this post helpful, please click on the star on the left
If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings
Highlighted
saintmatt
Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Thanks for the quick reply Ray. I'm at work at the moment, so I will post them when I get home later.

0 Ratings
saintmatt
Contributor
Message 4 of 5

Here's the info from my Home Hub, apologies for the delay (and phone screen shot!) Screenshot_2014-09-08-21-09-00.png

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 5

Looks like DLM will handle that OK.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
If you found this post helpful, please click on the star on the left
If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings