cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Will be ever make upload equal download Super Happy with FTTH speeds above 890 down and 90 up?

I am more than happy with Fibre to the home 

Just a question will bt ever make the upload as equal to the download I no the cable is able to do it and its just software controlled. I would love to run a web server for personal only reasons not business.

And no it doesnt need to be azure or anything else just want a box i can access and demo a few things to people to

david39ni_0-1599350438634.png

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Will be ever make upload equal download Super Happy with FTTH speeds above 890 down and 90 up?

I think they should, it shouldn’t be as close to download but it could be say, 800 down and 300 up. Is it to do with what your line can handle too though?
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Re: Will be ever make upload equal download Super Happy with FTTH speeds above 890 down and 90 up?

I has nothing to do with the "line" (fibre optic cable) Openreach provide an asynchronous service.

Message 4 of 5

You may well have a need for a ‘symmetric’ connection , but the system on offer is Asymmetric, and always will be, TBH, that will suit the vast majority of customers who will have a much greater need for download speed than upload, if you want a connection that is the same rate up as down , then OR will provide you with a leased line...these cost way more than ‘domestic’ FTTP.
Some  alternative network suppliers may well offer what you want, but OR don’t and are never likely to...

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

OpenReach FTTP is GPON which is asymmetric.

It's 2.4Gb/s down and 1.2Gb/s up, shared between up to 32 homes.

OpenReach currently have a 1000Mb/220Mb product available but BT use their 1000/115 product instead.

OpenReach are trialling XGS-PON which will see 1000/1000 possible on the network but will likely be priced very high for business connections.

ISP's like BT can pick and choose what packages they sell to customers so might not sell it themselves but someone else will if they don't.

As mentioned above you can already get 1000/220 from other providers.

0 Ratings