cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Will it improve?

Go to solution

Morning all, hope you are safe and sounds at the moment.

We we're connceted to our fibre package on the 20th this month by Openreach. We were quoted as having a minimum 25 mbs connection, which would be spot on for what we use. I know that it has only been a week since our connection and that the line might not have settled yet, however we are currently, both on one wired and one wireless connection, only recieveing a 6.5 mbs download speed.

After doing multiple speed tests it says we have a steady 50mbs download speed yet no download that I have tested has gone above 6 mbs. Can I expect it to improve to our minimum in the next few days?

Below are our router spec and a download test.

Hub.jpg

Speed Test.jpg

Any help wouldbe appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Tim

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Will it improve?

Go to solution

@timcooper111 

Are you confusing MegaBYTES/S with MegaBITS/S

6.5 MegaBYTES/S = 52 MegaBITS/S which is quite close to the 51 MegaBITS/S that the BT Speed test is returning?

Check the site you are downloading from, and see what it says, as its probably saying MB/S, notice the capital "B" meaning Bytes.

Capture.JPG

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

The Data Rate from the hub stats says 1000Mbps / 1000Mbps, so is this FTTP? If so, is the minimum quote of "minimum 25 mbs connection" very low?

Or am I getting confused?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Believe I was getting confused between the two! Thank you for the explanation!

Have a nice day !

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

@Paul608085 wrote:

The Data Rate from the hub stats says 1000Mbps / 1000Mbps, so is this FTTP? If so, is the minimum quote of "minimum 25 mbs connection" very low?

Or am I getting confused?

@Paul608085 

That would be the Ethernet connection speed between the modem and the home hub, and does not reflect the actual package that the customer has ordered.

0 Ratings