Did you mean: 
Highlighted
alan_mc
Contributor
Message 1 of 14

Will my speed ever improve

Go to solution

hi all, 

ok, to provide some history.  my speed had been hovering just above the handback threshold or "guaranteed  speed" for some time now and i have previously performed all testing (quiet line all good (tested multiple times), router in test socket with filter, using a mk4 faceplate splitter, different cables etc.).  i must point out that i have no phones in any other sockets and they were dead when i was testing in the test socket as expected.

my issue is that anytime i run the bt test on the website, it says that my speed could be better or they see an issue with my connection and to run through some extra diags.  thing is, even when i had it in the test socket and ran from start to finish, it would say slow connection, but final test passed as was now in the test socket even though it was always there and that suddenly now there was an issue with my internal wiring ??

i've left it alone for some time now am am wary about running any tests (i.e. disconnecting again from uptime) as i believe they would just return the same as before i decided to let things stay uninterrupted before posting here

when i run speedtest on wholesale via enet and run speedtest.net wireless, the results are within the same outcome.

the router stats say syncing at 18mbs, but the router stats on any speed tests are always 3mb below that - so i'm losing 3mb between the master socket and the router ?

i ws getting better speeds before, but never seem to get anything better than 15 now (bt wholesale used to return faster speeds/higher ip profile).

ive included all stats below - i'm just wondering if the speed will ever go up - e.g. closer to the higher range on the adsl checker or at least to what i had before which was better than this?  my line is always steady with no dropouts, but never seems to start climbing back to where it was.

any advice appreciated.

thanks

adsl.jpgbt test.jpgwholesale.jpgspeedtest.jpgtech log.jpg

0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 14

Re: Will my speed ever improve

Go to solution

your stats look ok and you are with the estimated connection speed range for your line  the ip profile is always lower than the conenction speed to allow for 'overheads'

you are on a Huawei cab and I would hope that with your stable conenction that G.INP will be activated which will give a bit of a connection speed boost as noise margin is lowered    This is automatic process controlled by DLM so cannot be done manually

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
alan_mc
Contributor
Message 3 of 14

Go to solution

"you are on a Huawei cab and I would hope that with your stable conenction that G.INP will be activated "

is there any way to see this on any of the router stats or is it just hope and prey ?

thanks

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 14

Go to solution

you will notice if it is activated as you will see a speed improvement and noise margin dropping to about 3db  nothing else in hub stats

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
alan_mc
Contributor
Message 5 of 14

Go to solution

ok, i'll leave it connected and see what the situation is in a month or so

thanks for the advice

0 Ratings
DiggerOfTrenches
Contributor
Message 6 of 14

Go to solution

The 15.87 you are measuring needs to divided by 0.882 to compare it accurately 15.87/0.882 = 17.99Mb which is the 17990 sync/data rate speed you are seeing.As your hand back lowest threshold is 11.4Mb. You would have to have a speed test of 11.4*0.882 = 10.05Mb to hand back. . If it is 14.4 = aprx 12.70. If you have been given a different guarantee you can calculate the true value now.

Edited to correct maths. Brain on, in gear and open mouth. In that order.

alan_mc
Contributor
Message 7 of 14

Go to solution

Just reporting back in - So, almost a couple of months on with stable , you could even say solid connection with little to no drops (e.g. first stint 26 days, second stint stable after that up until recent firmware update, going on stable 7 days now), no sign of G.INP engaging.  I just get the feeling i'm stuck and that DLM will never release whatever stranglehold it has placed on my line after all my initial problems/testing/disconnections.  as i said above, i used to get better.

it just seems weird that i am always hovering just above the min guaranteed speed, when the adsl checker says i am capable of better.  not sure if anything can/will be done, but just thought i would report back in to see if anyone has any advice.  

all stats etc still the same and all tests were previously run.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 14

Go to solution

Hi @alan_mc,

Thank you for posting back. I'm sorry you haven't seen the speeds increase. It does sound like the line has been banded by the DLM. I'd be able to take a look at your connection and run a few tests on your line.

I've sent you a PM with details on how you can contact the Team.

Thanks

PaddyB

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
alan_mc
Contributor
Message 9 of 14

Go to solution

Thanks PaddyB - Details sent

0 Ratings
alan_mc
Contributor
Message 10 of 14

Go to solution

Hi all,

Thanks to John for reaching out and arranging for reset which has gone through and released the hold.  I was surprised that the sync rate started lower @ 16.701, but now its been reset, I assume i just need to leave it 10 days while the line retrains.  Hopefully it climbs back to where it should be, if not better.  I'll continue to monitor and report back.  Is it normal for the line to start lower ? I would have thought it would go higher, see how stable it was and then only lower if unstable?  

hub_2106.jpg

bttest_2106.jpg

0 Ratings