cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 14

Re: Will my speed ever improve

Go to solution

@alan_mc thanks for posting back, I've let @JohnC2 know the banding has lifted.  Yes the line is in the 10 day retraining period after the reset so you'll be best monitoring this and your speed should recover over time.

0 Ratings
alan_mc
Contributor
Message 12 of 14

Go to solution

Cool, thanks.  i thought as much.  will keep an eye on it for now.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
alan_mc
Contributor
Message 13 of 14

Go to solution

Can't thank the Mods enough for providing the final solution.  Great team.

With the release and retraining of the line, I am now syncing at ~ +4.5mb higher than where i was.  IT has also allowed the noise margin to drop (and hopefully if it gets to 3, i'll get another little kicker).  Currently 8 days since profile reset - no disconnects other than line retraining and forcing the reboot to achieve better speed.

The team helped to confirm there was indeed a restriction due to previous issues as my connection was solid.  I know that to those that are on 50MB+ packages, this is small in comparison, but believe me, when you are in a remote village, with one cabinet serving all and you are a fair distance away from said cabinet, every little MB counts 🙂

Thanks again to the team !

Before

tech log.jpg

Now

Hub_27_06.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 14

Go to solution

Hi @alan_mc  thanks for the update and good news with the improvement in your connection. I'll now close off the case and if you need help in the future pop back and visit the forum.

Cheers
John

0 Ratings