cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Woeful Internet Speeds and BT's additional diagnostic keeps failing

Hi, I recently noticed that my downloads were very slow (10 hours to download a 277MB file) so I ran BT wholesale's speed test and was quoted a speed of 1.76Mbps. BT's quoted speed for the contract is 35Mbps. I restarted the router and had the same speed. I tried the site's additional diagnostic. I entered my landline number and the test went on for a while before it told me that "The test was not conclusive and further testing is required." I tried again, this time the diagnostic immediately failed. I reran the initial speedtest and got 4.5Mbps. Tried the diagnostic. Immediate "The performance tester is currently unable to run a speed test for your broadband connection". Where do I go from here?

Tags (3)
0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Woeful Internet Speeds and BT's additional diagnostic keeps failing

@BRInter 

Is your phone line working?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Yes. Working perfectly fine.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

in order for the forum members to help please can you post the stats from your router (if hub enter 192.168.1.254 in your browser) and if  HH5 then go to troubleshooting then helpdesk and if HH6/SH2 then advanced settings then technical log information . 

enter your phone number and post results  remember to delete number   https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

Someone may then be able to offer help/assistance/suggestions to your problem

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings