cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lauren123
Message 1 of 6

Worst experience

Hello
We used to be on the superfast broadband and only got speeds of upto a max of 3mb download, so when a new exchange was installed only a 1km from my house with a poster saying fibre now available in your area I jumped at the chance as we are a family of 7 so are in need of good Internet. I rang bt to check we could get this service and was told we could and would be getting and hub 5 as well. However when it came and was set up are speed decreased instead of increased with the average by a LAN cable being around 0.5mb download, I contacted bt many times and all I got was either people saying what I'm getting is the best I can get which is worst than what I had before or others saying no we can get it, it just needs time to settle. After a week or so we finally got an engineer out who said the problem was we need to come out of Port 12 instead of 8 this was highlighted in his notes but bt did nothing and kept me in the dark after nearly 5 weeks of this I finally got a lady that said our line had to be seized but it would leave us without Internet for upto 5 working days but that it would fix the problem. So we went head but when the 5 days where up bt said it will be working the next day, this went on for a few days before I finally rang again after having no Internet for 8 days just to find out that bt don't relocate lines even though I was told at the start they do so now nearly two weeks we have no Internet what's so ever and they don't know when we will. In the pass 6 weeks I have called ever day trying to sort this out and all that has happened is I have been lied to or told false information no one seems to care or has been helpful at all. Why should I a paying customer have to go through all this trouble I have lost my faith in bt this has been one of the worst experiences I have had to deal with.
0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Worst experience

In order to find out what services and speed range you should be getting, please enter your phone number into this form.
Broadband availability checker

Please remember to edit out your phone number before you post the results.

Then, if you have a Home Hub 5, please display the connection speed by following the instructions on this page.

Check your connection speed for the Home Hub 5

Could you please post the results from the BT Speedtester, including the further diagnostics.

BT Wholesale Speedtester

Thanks

0 Ratings
Lauren123
Message 3 of 6

ANNAGHMORE is served by Cabinet 12
Featured Products

Downstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Downstream Range(Mbps)

Availability Date

High Low High Low
FTTC Range A (Clean) 41.4 31.7 8.2 5.7 -- Available
FTTC Range B (Impacted) 35 20 8.2 4.3 -- Available
ADSL Max Up to 0.5 -- 0.25 to 1.5 Available
Fixed Rate 0.5 -- -- Available
Other Offerings
Fibre Multicast -- -- -- Available
BET Up to 2 -- -- Available

For all ADSL and WBC Fibre to the Cabinet (FTTC or WBC SOGEA) services, the stable line rate will be determined during the first 10 days of service usage.

This line has left in jumpers from previously stopped service.There is an open order on your line which is due to complete by 12-Nov-2015.

This is the best I can do. Also how am I meant to get a speed test if I have no Internet ad I have said before we have been left with nothing, this I'm using is my own mobile Internet
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

It says

"There is an open order on your line which is due to complete by 12-Nov-2015."

Which means that there is more work to do yet, and you are still on ADSL.

Wait until midnight on that date, and it should be fine.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 6

are you using the test socket with a new filter to see if that helps - or shows problem outside your home and needs engineer visit

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

@imjolly

See my note about an open order, looks like there was an issue with a port in the fibre cabinet, so they may be waiting for a card change.

0 Ratings