cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Would replacing BTHH3 router with updated model help with wifi range issues.

I've been having issues for few months and even connected ethernet cables for 2 connections upstairs which is not ideal.  Wifi drops out intermittently on mobile devices.  Have done wholesale speed test which shows results > what I am actually getting.

Capture.PNG

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Would replacing BTHH3 router with updated model help with wifi range issues.

If you are going to purchase a replacement you'd be better off getting a third party router.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 6

Re: Would replacing BTHH3 router with updated model help with wifi range issues.

@MsBkl This one works just fine, and has good wireless range .

TP-Link TD-W9970 for about £40 or less.

A good set of features http://uk.tp-link.com/products/details/cat-15_TD-W9970.html#specifications

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

I have a new hub and find the range and coverage  better overall than the more expensive tplink vr2600 with 4 external aerials    however the tplink certainly has better features than the hub

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 5 of 6

Thank you for response. What would be the benefit of going to third party hub?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

@MsBkl wrote:
Thank you for response. What would be the benefit of going to third party hub?

Full control over how you configure the router, without any unwanted interference from BT.

Lots of extra feature which are not present on the home hubs, like a guest network and bandwidth controls. Also the ability to turn off wireless to a schedule.

Not all third party routers have this, but the one I mentioned does. Read the specification, and if there is any aspect that you need explaining, I have quite a lot of extra information on my website.

0 Ratings