cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
galabonnyboy
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 6

Wrong IP Profile

I noticed my broadband speed has been slow for the first time in years, only 6-7mb and its always been over 70 since 2016 constantly.

Went and done an BT Speed test and noticed my IP Profile is set at 20MB??

Can I get this fixed please I'm on the superfast unlimited 2 package and should be 70+

Capture.JPG

Here is my current sync (not changed), no error seconds on the downstream and just the usual ammount on the upstream (30 or so a day)

Capture2.JPG

Thanks

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
PaddyB
Message 2 of 6

Re: Wrong IP Profile

Hi @galabonnyboy,

welcome back to the community. I'm sorry you've had a drop in speed.

Have you notice any issues with the stability of your connection?

To help rule out any issue with your phone service please run a quiet line test by dialling 17070 from your BT Landline. If using a corded phone then the test should be quiet, if you are using a cordless phone then you may hear a low hum.

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
pompey1898
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 6

@galabonnyboywrote:

I noticed my broadband speed has been slow for the first time in years, only 6-7mb and its always been over 70 since 2016 constantly.

Went and done an BT Speed test and noticed my IP Profile is set at 20MB??

Can I get this fixed please I'm on the superfast unlimited 2 package and should be 70+

Capture.JPG

Here is my current sync (not changed), no error seconds on the downstream and just the usual ammount on the upstream (30 or so a day)

Capture2.JPG

Thanks

And @PaddyB ,
If you look, you will see that it is giving the same figures fo down and up.  This is happening quite regularly, that is if the Further Diagnostice work at all.
0 Ratings
PaddyB
Message 4 of 6

Hi @pompey1898,

I missed that, I didn't notice the the upload and download speeds are the same Smiley Embarassed

@galabonnyboy can you try running the speed test through your My BT?

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
galabonnyboy
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 6

Line has been normal no disconnects and error seocnds are normal too. Download & Upload speed are still terrible

Cant get the my BT speed test to work as I'm not using the BT hub

8e9ed8d242ae91a644976b9977eaceba.png8277540408.png

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
galabonnyboy
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 6

Nevermind guys, turned out to be a faulty switch in my house. The speed at the router is normal so thanks for your help anyway

0 Ratings