cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

XBox ultimate code via BT is for new xbox accounts only!

I subscribed to the full fibre deal that has a free xbox ultimate for one year offer.   I tried the code and it didn't work.

I contacted BT and they said it must be Microsoft's fault.   I contacted Microsoft support and they asked for the code.  I gave it to them and they said they would get back to me.   I've just received their reply:

"Apparently, the code you were provided is a promo code for first timers only; meaning for new customers that never benefited from any Xbox Game Pass Ultimate offer. Your account managed to get a couple special offers for Xbox Game Pass Ultimate and that is why the code cannot be redeemed in your account. You can try redeeming the code in a new account that never had any Game Pass Ultimate offers and it will go through just fine."

So you can't use the BT offer if you already have an XBox game pass account!    Not happy! 😞

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: XBox ultimate code via BT is for new xbox accounts only!

Hi @anthonyball1966, welcome to the forum, and sorry you are unable to get the Game Pass Ultimate activated.  

Have a look at Can I sign up for Xbox Game Pass Ultimate if I have an existing subscription question on the thread and see if that helps.

cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: XBox ultimate code via BT is for new xbox accounts only!

I know this is an old post but I wanted to mention for people who may have the same issue that this is an unsolvable problem. I had to contact the Values team and they ended up crediting the value of code to me BT account.

0 Ratings