cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 9

android devices connect to internet but no internet

woke up this morning and my google pixel 2 phone and samsung tablet were connected to the hub but had no internet.

any ideas on a solution, i have just recently got bt fibre, and had nothing but problems with the broad band ever since it got activated. if it cant get resolved as soon as today i think id be best switching provider (again).

but any help would be much apprciated

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 9

Re: android devices connect to internet but no internet

Its a bt home hub 6

Regards
Shaun
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 9

If you can get on the Internet with other devices it is not a line fault you should consider buying a decent third party VDSL Modem/Router. They start in price at about £30.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 9

Ok thank you for the reply.

surely bt must make its customers aware of this that not all devices are compatible with the bt home hub 6, switching to bt has cost me money and it looks like it will cost me more money to switch again as i cant justify staying with bt since my internet has not been working properly since the first day.

is there any other potential solutions like adjusting the hub settings or anything before i phone bt back.

any suggestions will be kindly appricated.

regards shaun

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 9

It is not that "not all devices are compatible with the bt home hub 6"  it is just in my and other peoples opinion that the HH6 is not as good as BT would have you believe and that most independent third party VDSL Modem/routers perform better and seem to give less problems if indeed any.

Unlike third party routers, as with all ISP provided routers there are only a few settings that can be changed and I think you may already have tried them in your other thread.

https://community.bt.com/t5/Home-setup-Wi-Fi-network/Google-pixel-2-connects-and-disconnects/m-p/187...

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Sage
Message 6 of 9

I second @gg30340 a third party router, it's also cheaper than switching provider as you will still have to pay BT for the rest of your contract.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 9

I have various Android devices connected to HH6, tablets, and phones from various manufacturers all work fine. I sometimes find I have to reboot them because of loss of WiFi I think this is more todo with Android than the HH6.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Sage
Message 8 of 9

I have 2 android devices connected to a third party router and never had a drop in connection, never had to reboot. Go figure.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 9

I also have a TP-Link VR600v1 tbh not used it since the HH6 firmware update earlier this year. I can't remember if I had any issues with the VR600. I have experienced loss of Wifi with my TP-Link WA901ND AP on my Android devices.

0 Ratings