cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
StorminMike
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 6

another Homehub 5 Type B disconnections since software update

Noticed this post as have similar problem now for over 5 weeks. DSL drops 15 or more times a day with outage lasting from a few seconds to worse case 5hrs (today). Reported to BT through call line and to be fair had good assistance even though taken time. Tried, reboots, factory reset, alternative routers hh5B, hh5A, HH3 & modem, tplink no stability. Had engineer to try to find fault with noise on line no joy. Broadband engineer found two faults could only fix one due his test gear. Second broadband engineer fixed fault and found a further fault down the road. Fantastic problem fixed sadley lasted under 48hrs. Back to constant drops and long outages. Third broadband engineer due thursday but was cancelled. Now stuck with BT helpdesk saying there isn't a problem; yet dsl dropped 15 times today with one period lasting 5hrs. Download speed varies between 44mb (normal) to 7mb or less. Bit of a nightmare, wife not happy as we had zero connection over Christmas. I suspect theres still a fault in the line at around 10m from master socket posibly influenced by weather (nearest pole to property is just under 10m of cable). Any advice very gratefully recieved.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

I have asked the Forum Moderators to help you they will post their contact link here

0 Ratings
StorminMike
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Thank you - appreciated

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Re: another Homehub 5 Type B disconnections since software update

Hi StorminMike,

Thanks for posting. I’m sorry the connection problem hasn’t been fixed yet. I can appreciate how annoying this is for you. I’m sure I can help. Can you please send over your details? You’ll get the contact the moderators link in my profile.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Tamilian
Message 5 of 6

I have had a similar issue since December too and after numerous calls and tests, I have just been told its a faulty HUB5! I already have the type B, and BT seems to be denying that its a fault they need to fix. The last guy I spoke to from the technical team is also denying any issues and his solution is to send out a new Hub5!Smiley Mad  Unless it's a Hub5 C or D or something I don't holde out much hope of ever resolving this!

On top of cutting out (although annoying, I was able to use the internet), since last week my download speeds have really taken a dive (I am on Infinity and get around 48-50mbps download), but now only getting 4-7 mbps download speeds (low point was yesterday when it was 0.39 for a time!) - again not sure if this is related to the above issue?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

the only other hh5 is the 'A' there is no C or D.  it is pot luck which hub you will get.  after you get new hub assuming an 'A' and if you still have problems then start your on thread and post your router stats.  there is no point making changes to your conenction until you get replacement hub

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings