cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

appalling customer service, broadband fault, still no resolution

hi

we had copper broadband with bt and were offered what seemed like a good deal to upgrade to fibre to cabinet, this was nearly 8 weeks ago, we were sent a new box which we connected, the service didn’t go live on the promised day, called but, sent me out a new box, connected new box, still no joy. they then said they would send an engineer out, still no joy, i asked why the engineer hadn’t called at my house and they said he had fixed it at the cabinet, he didn’t as we still have no service, i have had 3 engineers called out, none of them have called at my house. i still have no service. this has been the most frustrating, appalling level of customer service i have ever encountered. hope someone can help as this is getting beyond a joke. 

thanks

emily

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: appalling customer service, broadband fault, still no resolution

Do you have a dial tone?

can you enter your phone number and post results remember delete number 

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

we’ve never had a phone attached, sorry. i can give you postcode address if ok. 

thanks

emily

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

You cannot have FTTC broadband with an active phone line the cost of which is included in your package cost. You may not use the landline that is your choice but the fact is you do have a landline

the most basic test for broadband problem is to check for a dial tone and then by dialling 17070 option 2 to check for noise

you can use your address in the checker link I posted but your phone number is more accurate

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

@imjolly  Would you like to read that first sentence again?

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

they told us every time i’ve rung them, at least 15 times now that the issue is at the cabinet. all i need is for an engineer to turn up. call at my house and prove to me they’ve fixed it, why is this so hard for them to understand. the cabinet is about 50 yards from my house. 

0 Ratings