cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cambsbloke25
Beginner
Message 1 of 14

argghh BT open reach engineer never turned up

Waited in all day was supposed to have infinity installed, have been booked in for a month, but engineer dont turn up, on calling up i eventually get through nd i get told they could not do it due to lack of resources!!!  i understand that happens but why oh why cant open reach have a system in place that informs you if you the engineer is not turning up, cant be that hard to do can it.

The annoying thing is the engineer will only be her for a couple of minutes he just gotta put in bt open reach modem and do his thing at the echange/box dont need to do any wiring or anything it all set up.

Just gotta hope that I dont have to wait ages for them to arrive for another appointmenet, been waiting 2 years for FTTC, now more crappy 2mb download speed, ah so near yet so far

0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
Jackk14
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 14

Re: argghh BT open reach engineer never turned up

Had same issue myself today. First engineer's van apparently broke down and they never assigned another engineer to the job.

Fortunately another came out and did the job (he had to drive for an hour from his previous job) and didn't get it finished due to an issue at the exchange.

Hopefully keeps his word and comes back in the morning.
0 Ratings
Cambsbloke25
Beginner
Message 3 of 14

Well had automated phone call tonight they now gonna turn up on the 21st Novemeber cause of there screw up have to wait another 3 weeks, I put a complaint in to see if get it moved foward but i know it not gonna do anything but worth a try.

Well 2mb for me for a couple more weeks, least I am getting FTTC unlike some postcodes so got that to be gratefull for

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 4 of 14

Keep calling up, if an Engineer doesn't turn up they will put an appointment within the next week for you.

If this helped you please click the Star beside my name.

If this answered your question please click "Mark as Accepted Solution" below.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 14

the same has just happened to me - twice

I have taken 2 days off now and the engineers didnt even have the courtesy to call and tell me they werent coming which is so disrespectful- what is wrong with openreach?

does anyone have any idea how to escalate a complaint as I keep getting put through to a call centre in India , and they havent got a clue what is going on!

Or is there an alternative to openreach?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 14

Only Openreach do the installs and yes you have to go through the help line
0 Ratings
Guru
Message 7 of 14

Also to note, they will set one PC or Laptop up and BT Vision/YouView if you have it.

If this helped you please click the Star beside my name.

If this answered your question please click "Mark as Accepted Solution" below.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
loucleaves
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 14

Can Anyone HELP ME PLEASE!!! I ordered a new phone for my new house NEXT DOOR on 4th December 2012 Three weeks later i got an e mail saying they would be there on Friday.NEVER TURNED UP However they cut my phone and broadband off to my old house which i still own. Hours of phoning on my mobile which i have to drve four miles to get a signal(incidently if i got a mobile signal i would not use the WRETCHED BT) My phone was re connected ON A DIFFERENT NUMBER my broadband took a week to restore. Five weeks after the order a man turned up and informed me i need a pole,i asked him why it had taken FIVE weeks to reach that conclusion and he said that's not long!!!

Any way many e mails later telling me they were coming on various dates with NO SHOW MANY MANY HOURS of calls ALL with the same answer that they will contact BT Open Reach to give me an update ALL with the same answer with some "creative" variatons that it is with planning

It is now aproaching FOUR months since i placed my order and i recieved a bill for £87.00 way above my usual MORE PHONE CALLS MORE B....Y music when i'm on hold and i'm told that i am on a different tarriff and international calls are charged for ARGHHHHHHHHH I have never paid for them on my old tarriff

An engineer turns up on 25th Feb and parks on my drive in an unmarked hire van-i ask him who he is--and he barks at me that he has been waiting 15 minutes--i say I've been waiting THREE months-=-to which he chases me down the path screaming at me -YOU WILL WAIT SIX MONTHS NOW should this man be dealing with the public i ask?

I ask him where he is going to connect my phone line to

BINGO NO POLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WAIT IT GETS BETTER  yesterday on the 8th MARCH 2013 MY PHONE WAS CUT OFF for the second time because we have not payed the bill WE HAVE ALWAYS PAYED BY DIRECT DEBIT but because of BT'S incompetence we now have no phone in EITHER HOUSE

Now i will have to drive four miles to speak to them on my mobile listen to some godawful music as they connect me and hear the UMPTEENTH person say SO SORRY

Update they are coming to connect my new phone on the 21st March

BT LISTEN TO ME WE HAV NOT GOT A POLE SO WHERE WILL YOU CONNECT IT TO??????????????????????????????????

0 Ratings
loucleaves
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 14

STILL WAITING

Tags (2)
0 Ratings
loucleaves
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 14

Re: aright BT open reach engineer never turned up

IF I COULD GET A MOBILE SIGNAL TO MY HOUSE I WOULD NEVER__NEVER USE WRETCHED BT AGAIN AFTER THIS NIGHTMARE- WHAT IF THERE WAS AN EMERGENCY WE ARE BOTH 65-- BT WOULD BE RESPONSIBLE

Tags (2)
0 Ratings