cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

blocked ports?

Go to solution

So... I'm having issues when playing Fifa 20. The gameplay is truely horrible and im very reliant on using a gaming vpn to connect to the online services. The problem being, this is not realiable so, more often than not,  the gameplay is laggy, slow, unresponsivness etc etc

Having spoken to ea, they asked me to perform a outrace route and in typical ea fashion, they are blaiming the fact that the ISP has blocked ports. Can anything be done ?

{9A9E03A1-F8A0-4B9C-B348-C431070E47BC}.png.jpg

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: blocked ports?

Go to solution

BT do not block any ports.

The long response times would appear to start once you leave the BT portion of the network.

Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

hmm the first trace route was slightly different as the last 5 were all unknown hosts  but, what about the 0.0.0.0?

I just dont understand why my gameplay is so bad at the weekend, even my gaming vpn isnt good enough to help me. I can report a low ping of 18-24 but, the delay and what not makes it unplayable.  Are we saying this is all EAs doing?

{D63CAE34-8D7A-43B5-8A34-1E65AF40566A}.png.jpg

What about the packet loss?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

Not every server responds to pings, many are configured not to. Ignore the 0.0.0.0

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

Ah well Ive just updated my previous response to include polling results which show 100% packet loss on a number of addresses. How could I resolve that?

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

You can't, and as I said 100% packet loss just means that particular server didn't respond. As long as there is no packet loss shown at the destination all is well. If the packets were really lost in transit how would they magically arrive at the destination?