cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Fatnose
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

broadband connection or lack of it

Hi, I am new to the forum and was after some advice, so bear with me as this is quite a story.

The middle of last year we finally got broadband in our area. Biggleswade, Beds. We were so happy, but not for long.

Started to get drop outs about 3-4 times a day, infinity 5 hub by the way. Was told off by the engineer saying my hub must be wired to the main socket, 10 metres away from the 1st extention for it to work. As there is no place in our hallway to connect the mains supply I lived with the outages for a while. But in December last year the service started to drop 12-14 times a day. Going off then going through the green, orange, orange flashing broadband logo at least twice before connecting again. It has continued into the New Year. I have had at least 40+ phone calls to BT mostly to their undertrained (not their fault) staff in India, when I have been given a contact in the UK in either Durham or Edinburgh they leave a call back number, which is always an answer phone, I recently left 8 messages in one day to be told when the lady called me back said she had not listened too.

But I digress, the last BT open reach tech who called last week, tried had to figure out the problem, he laid a data only cable from my main socket, through 2 12" thick breeze block walls that I had originally drilled for an extension cable I had bought from Maplin. This he said did my last hope before BT open reach have to try and find me another pair from the box which is 3/4 of a mile away. We are fibre to the box and copper cable from the box on a new build estate built 4 years ago. OHHHHH and to top it all while sorting the broadband issue out the tech managed to disconnect the phone internally, you can call me it rings but not in the house and no outging calls. Reported it on line, and have received messages on my mobile saying they have tried calling me on my landline and have not been able to contact me, Good god I have reported a faulty phone line and they have tried contacting me on it.

And to top it all living in a new build has its down sides, mainly no mobile phone signals inside because of the aluminum used in the insulation, is there anybody out there who can help me or am I going to have to resort to smoke signals and carrier pigeons. So in summery I have had broadband intermittently for 6 months, BT closes the case when it has not been sorted. I have been paying for a service I have not been receiving and BT's attitude seems they don’t care. As open reach supply the infrastructure I have no option to go with someone else that is until Virgin gets their services into the area, which is soon as they are building another 400+ homes in the area now. I was going to send this now at 22:11 but the internet has just gone off again. Any suggestions ?

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: broadband connection or lack of it

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

Message 3 of 3

Re: broadband connection or lack of it

Hi @Fatnose Sorry about all the issues you have had with your services.

We will be happy to help you with this if you send us your details. You can contact us by clicking on my user name and selecting contact the mods.

Thanks
John

Community ModeratorJohnC
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings