cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

broadband renew options offer speed lower than my current contract

Go to solution

Hi,

My current Fibre 1 contract says my download speed is between 67-73 Mbps and upload speed is between 17-18 Mbps. The minimum guaranteed download speed is 62Mbps. 

Today when I look at the renew options in MyBT,  the same Fibre 1 package only has 56Mb - 63Mb download speed and 14Mb-15Mb upload speed, and 51Mb Stay Fast  Guarantee. And also the upgrade options of Fibre2 / Fibre Halo 3+ / Fibre Halo 3 all have the same 56-63Mb, 14-15Mb and 51mb numbers, with much higher prices of course.

I am wondering why. Is it a way BT uses to decrease my speed ? If I renew the same package without looking at the details, I will be having a reduced speed. 

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: broadband renew options offer speed lower than my current contract

Go to solution

The speeds you quote are higher than fibre 1 55/10mb  so di you previously get a free speed upgrade to fibre 2 speed while still showing package as fibre 1?

If you renewed your  contract then on fibre 2 you will get as fast as your line can handle which should  be same as you currently have

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

I would like to keep my current speed. But I am confused to whether I should renew the same package (Fibre 1), or upgrade to Fibre2 (with extra cost)? But even on the Fibre2 option, it says the same reduced speed (i.e.56-63Mb download and 14-15Mb upload)!  very confusing.

linda_li_0-1629227593559.png

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

I would phone the options team and see what you can negotiate  as I said on fibre 2 should should get as good as your line can handle which should be same as your currently have

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.