cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
snowball26
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

broadband speed

i had a visit from a bt engineer because my broadband was only 16meg when it should be between 28-30, on his arrival he checked my router and said all working fine but he then took out the telephone socket from my sky and told me i didnt need this and that i would nt get any better speed because of how my telephone extention was set up i informed him it was done by BT when i moved here all he said was it would nt be how id set it up i still have slow broadband and his visit was a complete waste of time as all he complained about was having to work 6 days a week (boo hoo) can anyone help with this many thanks

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: broadband speed

Can yôu connect  your hub to the test socket with a filter and see if that helps your connection speed. When connected to test socket make sure there is no dial tone at any of your extension sockets. If there is then that is a problem for your broadband

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
snowball26
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

thanks but there is no problem getting connected its just the speed issue
0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

I appreciate that but by using the test socket and assuming your internal wiring is correct you may well get a better connection speed using the test socket.  checking extension sockets for a dial tone when using test socket will confirm if wiring correct .  if any extension has dial tone then you have start wiring causing problems with broadband

up to you

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
snowball26
Beginner
Message 5 of 6

mank thanks
0 Ratings
snowball26
Beginner
Message 6 of 6

sorry that should have said many thanks