cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
martinuk
Message 1 of 8

bt going take a month to install

Hi i made an order for bt infin online the pop up chat came up i spoke to bt person i told them going take month to get me installed and the bt person on the chat said id get fast tracked dont worry carry on order.

i did the order and rang bt said going fast track it and you should hear from us in day or 2 its been over a week now still nothing i could of been up running 120mb virgin media in a week can someone please let us know whats going on i cant wait this long  i work from home. 

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 8

Re: bt going take a month to install

So has your existing broadband stopped?
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
If you found this post helpful, please click on the star on the left
If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings
martinuk
Message 3 of 8

i havnt got any new address mate  and its new order new line has to be fitted etc and my next door moved in 2 weeks a go had infin installed last week and had new line fitted 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 8

Next door must have been fast tracked, whatever that is.
If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings
martinuk
Message 5 of 8

i just cant beleave they not rang me etc can one of mods help me find out whats going on
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 8

"Fast track" is one of the call centre tricks to get customers off the line so thay can move on to the next customer.  Just like "don't worry, it will be fixed by midnight/tomorrow/in 48 hours".

The calendar of which "slots" are available for an engineer to do work is maintained by Openreach.  If you place an order, then you will be given a slot.  There isn't a magic process that will give you an earlier slot, because they will all have been booked for somebody else.  The call centre's solution is to tell you that they will try to "fast track" the order, and then get back to you.  In reality, it won't make the slightest bit of difference.  And they probably won't call you back either.

0 Ratings
Icarus
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 8

I hated that when I worked in the call centre many moons ago.

Me: The earliest appointment I have is Friday 18th

Customer: Friday 18th, have you not got any earlier appointments?

Me: Yeah sure, I've got an appointment for Tuesday last week!!! FFS, what part of; 'The earliest appointment I have is Friday 18th' does your brain not quite compute, why would I say the earliest is Friday when there is actually some on Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday?

Distinguished Guru
Message 8 of 8

No wonder you left
If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings